Thursday, May 16, 2013

On, not being a morning person...

Today the topic is: " Something difficult about your "lot in life" and how you're working to overcome it"

Kind of a meh topic...

At first I thought I'd just ignore this topic, or twist it around into something else. It seems so whiny  right? "Let me tell you about how hard I have it in life blah blah"

However, I have something really difficult I'm dealing with (like every living person), the last two decades of my life. So I'll quickly chat about that.

What is it?

Mornings!

You think I'm joking right? Like I'm being snarky or something.

Well, I don't blame you, generally you'd be right in assuming that, but seriously, morning are tough.

No no, not these mornings I told you about a few days ago, those are easy (sort of).

It's that second round that gets me. Especially if I don't have anywhere to be in the morning.

I'm tired of just blaming it on 'not being a morning person'... well I'm not, but there's more to it than that.

There's a heavy kind of guilt that grabs hold after hitting the snooze button for the millionth time, of not being useful and it get's me really down. I want to change this habit with the best of intention but in that moment it's almost impossible. Is that a thing?

It's usually a sudden sense of stress that finally get's me jumping out of bed rushing around like a mad person and basically ruining the rest of the morning. This is no way to start a day  I tell you.

I believe this will get better  with my new schdule next week, where I'll be working from the office in the mornings. 

I don't just want to be a bad morning person, I want more, I want to know what it feels like to wake up refreshed and ready for the day. I want the physical pain of waking up to lift. The stress to be managed, the guilt to be a thing of the past.

How to overcome?

Well, I'm sure that a new routine next week will help.

Also, I'm getting more and more convinced to go through the Whole30 challenge. A challenge where you focus on eating only whole foods for 30 days (lots of veggies, meat, eggs, nuts and I think that's about it).  Some of the benefits reported are; that sleep gets better, waking up is easier and a few dozen more benefits.
It sounds like a challenge, but in the grand scheme of things it's more challenging to hate something I have to do everyday. Everyday Lanette!


I was walking back from the office early this afternoon, thinking about what I should share for this topic.
  I was taking the long way home because it's prettier and quieter  than the shorter way. 
I realized  something. I was walking home on tree lined streets!
You need to go over and read my lovely cousins post about what she is finding difficult in life, for this to make sense.
She mentioned that she'd love to do just that. Walk to work, tree lined streets. Here I was doing just that while mulling over what is so difficult with my 'lot in life'.

It's not a 'ha ha look I have trees' to my cousin, but the humor of it all wasn't lost on me. So I walked home appreciating the trees a little more, imagining that my cousin is probably a really good morning person for life to make sense again. 

It just seemed worth mentioning here. 










No comments:

Post a Comment